The Toolkit is available free of cost for the academic research community. Please use the form on this page to request a download.
The complete License Agreement and supporting documentation can be read in the License section. The License Agreement states, but is not limited to:
- The Toolkit and any of its components can only be used for academic research and US Government purposes.
- If you are using the Toolkit or any of its components for published research, cite us appropriately. See Papers for details.
- Toolkit users are required to honor all licenses of components and supporting software as defined in Exhibit A of the License Agreement.
Please contact us if you are interested in a commercial license.
- 20GB of free disk space (final installation is around 7-12GB for the toolkit and several GB more for the required 3rd party software, depending on any existing installations)
- Dual core 2.0GHz system with 4GB of RAM and a dedicated graphics card that supports Shader Model 3.0.
- Windows 7, preferably 64 bit. Windows 8 should work, but is currently unsupported. Some individual components, like the NPCEditor and SmartBody are multi-platform. Support for Mac OS, iOS and Android is in progress.
- Some third party software is required, like ActiveMQ and DirectX. For a complete list, see the Components section. An installer with all required 3rd party software included is available, and requires administrator rights.